Shock Absorbing Bollard SAB has the ability to shift sideways if hit at or near ground level.
- If the impact is higher up the bollard, it can tilt up to 8 degrees at which point it locks up offering maximum protection.
- Alternatively, if the contact is of a deflection or glancing nature, the SAB is able to rotate through 360 degrees (in-ground model only).
- SAB’s are designed to be used anywhere vehicles are manoeuvring at low speeds, such as carparks and warehouses etc.
- The self centering design means the SAB’s can take repeated impacts without incurring permanent damage.
- They simply absorb the impact and return to their original position.
- These unique characteristics result from the combination of clever engineering and the use of high tech composite materials.
- SAB’s are available in 140mm diameter in either core drilled in-ground (pictured) or surface mounted models.
Note: Not recommended for high speed traffic environments
Other Bollards Available