When an impact occurs, the device records the direction and angle of impact.
The MAG 2000 utilizes two highly sensitive magnets triggered when a shock or vibration is strong enough to disrupt the magnetic attraction. This causes the upper magnet to move from its home position and appear in a new visible position within the unit. The position of the upper magnet clearly indicates the angle of impact.
A special key is supplied to unlock the cover on the unit. This allows the product to be reset after activation, and prevents tampering.
The activation point is factory set, with 10 standard activation values;
2G, 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G, 7G, 10G, 11G, 16G, and 20G.
Special values are available for custom order.
Features Designed for Maximum Performance
ShockWatch shock sensors features include:
- Impact detection for a wide array of product types and sizes
- User-specified detection threshold
- Highly visible “red alert” indicates mishandling
- Tamper-proof design prevents concealment of activation without obvious evidence of interference
- Easy-to-use adhesive backing requires no tools or assembly to install (MAG 2000 products include optional bracket mounting)
- MAG 2000 products are resettable and reusable
- MAG 2000 Impact Date/Timer features a resettable digital clock for display of date and time of impact