The MC8801 intelligent embedded module is the first dual carrier module from Sierra Wireless. Ideal for networking OEM applications, the MC8801 provides UMTS/HSPA and quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE network access to enable roaming on high-speed networks around the world and includes support for GPS. Like all of our MC series modules, the MC8801 is built to the PCI Express Mini Card form factor.
Dual-channel HSPA+ doubles the speeds of current HSPA+ networks from a peak downlink of 21 megabits per second (Mbps) to 42 Mbps, at the same time improving network efficiency and providing a better experience for customers with more consistent network performance.
- 3G/Dual Channel HSPA+
- Dual carrier HSPA+ with peak downlink speeds up to 42 Mbps and peak uplink speeds up to 5.76 Mbps
- Support for GPS including, Standalone, Assisted and gpsOneXtra with Dedicated GPS connector
- High-speed, broadband connectivity
- Best-in-class technical and integration support
- Antenna diversity for improved fringe performance
- Quad-band for global connectivity