The MC8801 intelligent embedded module is the first dual carrier module from Sierra Wireless. Ideal for networking OEM applications, the MC8801 provides UMTS/HSPA and quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE network access to enable roaming on high-speed networks around the world and includes support for GPS. Like all of our MC series modules, the MC8801 is built to the PCI Express Mini Card form factor.
Dual-channel HSPA+ doubles the speeds of current HSPA+ networks from a peak downlink of 21 megabits per second (Mbps) to 42 Mbps, at the same time improving network efficiency and providing a better experience for customers with more consistent network performance.
Key Features of Sierra Wireless AirPrime MC8801 module
3G/Dual Channel HSPA+
Dual carrier HSPA+ with peak downlink speeds up to 42 Mbps and peak uplink speeds up to 5.76 Mbps
Support for GPS including, Standalone, Assisted and gpsOneXtra with Dedicated GPS connector
High-speed, broadband connectivity
Best-in-class technical and integration support
Antenna diversity for improved fringe performance
Quad-band for global connectivity
M2M Connectivity | Wireless M2M Hardware & Support Services
M2M Connectivity, established in 2002, is a specialist wireless component distributor for Australia and New Zealand. We provide wireless connectivity hardware and support services to developers to enable them to bring wireless M2M products to market quickly.
M2M Connectivity support a range of leading wireless brands covering most main wireless M2M technologies including:
• Sierra Wireless – AirPrime modules for UMTS/HSPA and CDMA RevA
• Sierra Wireless - AirLink Programmable Gateways (modems)for 3G /Next G and GSM/GPRS with optional boards for additional features e.g. Ethernet, GPS & IO
• Maestro Wireless Solutions – GSM/ GPRS modems and optional boards for add-on features such as Ethernet.
• connectBlue – Bluetooth, WLAN, Zigbee & Ethernet modules/modems
• Globalstar Simplex – low cost one-way satellite
• Orbcomm Satellite /Stellar & Quake - 2 – way messaging modules/modems
• Iridium Satellite / Quake - Short Burst Data modems with optional GPS and cellular technologies
M2M Connectivity has a strong understanding of the underlying business models for M2M. By maintaining a strong network operator contacts and knowledge of their M2M and mobile data groups, we are able to support developers aiming to sell into operators and/or obtain network approvals.
To our customers, the developers and system integrators, we offer high level technical support both on the wireless hardware we supply, as well as the wireless connectivity issues that almost always arise in wireless applications.
If it is wirelessly connected we can help.