The following IESMs (Internal expansion socket modules) are available:
The Internal Expansion Socket Module (IESM) Ethernet board can be fitted to the Fastrack Xtend to connect remote serial devices to an Ethernet network over GPRS.
This IESM Ethernet board has a 10BaseT RJ45 interface and expands the functionality of the standard Sierra Wireless Fastrack Xtend to a state-of-the-art Ethernet device for machine-to-machine applications. The Ethernet / Fastrack Xtend bundle can act as a router/gateway utilizing wireless GSM / GPRS to provide primary network connectivity to any Ethernet device, or small networks of IP devices.
Key Features of the IESM:
Internet Plug-In (WIP 5.0) allows automatic connection to the internet thanks to TCP/IP
DHCP client for automatic configuration or static IP addressing
IP routing & gateway
The Sierra Wireless IESM Boards are available from M2M Connectivity. Please click here.
M2M Connectivity | Wireless M2M Hardware & Support Services
M2M Connectivity, established in 2002, is a specialist wireless component distributor for Australia and New Zealand. We provide wireless connectivity hardware and support services to developers to enable them to bring wireless M2M products to market quickly.
M2M Connectivity support a range of leading wireless brands covering most main wireless M2M technologies including:
• Sierra Wireless – AirPrime modules for UMTS/HSPA and CDMA RevA
• Sierra Wireless - AirLink Programmable Gateways (modems)for 3G /Next G and GSM/GPRS with optional boards for additional features e.g. Ethernet, GPS & IO
• Maestro Wireless Solutions – GSM/ GPRS modems and optional boards for add-on features such as Ethernet.
• connectBlue – Bluetooth, WLAN, Zigbee & Ethernet modules/modems
• Globalstar Simplex – low cost one-way satellite
• Orbcomm Satellite /Stellar & Quake - 2 – way messaging modules/modems
• Iridium Satellite / Quake - Short Burst Data modems with optional GPS and cellular technologies
M2M Connectivity has a strong understanding of the underlying business models for M2M. By maintaining a strong network operator contacts and knowledge of their M2M and mobile data groups, we are able to support developers aiming to sell into operators and/or obtain network approvals.
To our customers, the developers and system integrators, we offer high level technical support both on the wireless hardware we supply, as well as the wireless connectivity issues that almost always arise in wireless applications.
If it is wirelessly connected we can help.