The new ET 200S COMPACT adds a new high density block style I/O option to the ET 200S range. The ET 200S COMPACT offers:
- Reduction in cabinet space required through reduced foot print
- Lower cost per I/O point
- Simple connection to Profibus, the leading fieldbus worldwide
The ET 200S COMPACT is the successor product for ET 200B and ET 200L-SC.
Space saving design of SIMATIC ET200S Compact:
With the introduction of the ET 200S COMPACT the ET 200S distributed I/O system now also features a high channel density option. The ET 200S COMPACT provides frequently needed simple I/Os at a very attractive price.
ET 200S COMPACT is available in two versions:
- Pure digital input module 32DI standard; 24V DC, 3ms
- Combined digital I/O module 16DI standard 24V DC, 3ms / 16DO standard 24V DC, 0.5A
The ET200S COMPACT can be expanded as required. Up to 12 modules from the ET 200S product range (except safety) can be connected to the base module. In total up to 80 channels (digital and analog mixed) can thus be operated in one station.
The electronic module includes the PROFIBUS interface, the power module and the I/O module. It is snapped onto a terminal module. No tools are required for assembly or for replacement. A clever snap-in mechanism permits quick and easy removal or insertion of the electronic module. The process wiring remains in place. This is "genuine permanent wiring", because it is possible to pre-wire the terminal module without the electronic module.
The terminal module is optionally available with screw or spring-loaded terminals. The basic version permits the connection of sensors and actuators in 2-wire technique.
Easy snap-on auxiliary terminal blocks with 120mm width are available as accessories. The auxiliary terminal blocks have 40 terminals in 4 load groups. Groups of ten terminals are already bridged internally. Jumpers are available to form between 1 and 4 load groups with different potentials (max. 24V DC). In this way the auxiliary terminal blocks enable direct connection of 3 and 4-wire sensors or actuators without the need for separate terminals.
The ET 200S COMPACT auxiliary terminal blocks can also be used on the existing 15mm and 30mm wide ET 200S terminal modules. Two preconditions must be met in this case:
1) Total width of terminal modules (15mm or 30mm) must be at least 120mm.
2) Only terminal modules of a single type (15mm or 30mm) may be used over the width of 120mm.
User benefits of SIMATIC ET200S Compact:
- Cost effective: Frequently used standard I/Os are now available at a very attractive price
- Smaller width and thus less space required than with previous solutions based on ET 200B and/or ET 200S; Example: 16DI/16DO => ET 200S COMPACT requires approx. 40% less space compared to ET 200S in usual design.
- Smaller width also permits the use of smaller and more compact terminal boxes => cost reduction
- The ET 200S compact can be expanded using the full ET 200S product range (except safety)
- Up to 80 channels can be connected behind a header module => less PROFIBUS connectors and wiring => cost reduction
- Common spares with ET 200S standard reduces required spares inventory => cost reduction
- Know how conservation: The ET 200S COMPACT is configured the same as standard ET 200S
- Simple looping of the supply voltage by specially provided aux. terminals => no two wires under one terminal
For more information please go to: