SPSA has successfully engineered and commissioned a Simatic IT Historian for a leading pharmaceutical company in Australia.
The entire project from start to finish was done locally in Australia and involves a very high level of integration with plant automation and IT systems.
The Simatic IT Historian interfaces with a diverse range of automation systems namely:
- Simatic PCS7 Ver 7
- Simatic PCS7 Ver 6.1
- Simatic PCS7 Ver 6.1 Box systems
- Wizcon SCADA systems
The system captures both messages and around 4000 trend tags for long term historical archiving. All operational reporting is done by the Simatic IT system with excellent response times.
Benefits for the customer include:
- Common higher level Plant Historian and Reporting system
- A very high level of integration with all plant SCADA systems
- Process visualisation
- Both automatic and on demand generation of reports. On demand reports are web based.
- FDA / 21CFR-Part 11 compliance
- Long term online data storage (1.5 years) and retrieval