Telford Smith Extruders for your process with throughputs up to 2,500kg/hour.
Whether you are producing pipe, profile, film, wire and cable, sheet, fibre or compounding, there is a Telford Smith Extruder, and a team of experts to supply you the equipment, so you can produce quality product at the rate you need to remain competitive.
Features of TSE Single Screw Extruding Machines for Plastics:
- Ridgid Extruder base maintains the axial alignment of the screw to the gearbox. Custom bases to suit your requiremnts are avilable.
- Adjustable barrel support provides precise alignment and compensates for barrel expansion and contraction while in operation.
- Screw design tailored to your output and quality requirements, covering the full range of thermoplastics from Vinyls to Elastomers and for your product individually designed to obtain the proper balance between high output and quality homogeneous melts.
- Barrel Heating and Cooling Extruders are equipped with finned, ceramic band heating elements. Traditional cast aluminium type heater elements are still used when water-cooling is better suited to your process or production needs.
- Compatibility between the screw and barrel is crucial to wear resistance, product quality and machine output. XALOY bimetallic barrels provide a choice of alloys to suit your specific needs for resistance to abrasive and corrosive wear. ISO 9001Alternatively Telford Smith manufactures nitrided barrels, typically used on mild abrasive applications, and fully hardened and nitrided barrels, predominantly used for glass filled moulding applications.
- Optional vent stacks on Telford Smith Extruders provide removal of volatiles through a vent opening in the barrel. Vacuum venting systems are available as an option.
- Single clamping bolt and Vee-clamp allowing quick screen changes.
- We offer two types of feed designs; integral with the barrel or independently mounted. Both are available with smooth bore (conventional) or grooved feed (high pressure) liners depending on application.
- The Feed Hopper is constructed using powder-coated steel with sight glasses, dump chute and cut off slide standard with various sizes to suit the Extruder and application.
- Gearbox and Thrust Assembly is Heavy-duty, double reduction helical gears are used, manufactured from 18 Ni CR Mo 5 casehardened steel. For gearboxes with a lower thermal dissipation than the applied mechanical power, an internal water-cooled coil is provided and a simple connection to a water supply is required.
- DC motors with tacho generator feedback are standard. AC motors (open loop) are also available as well as AC motors with an encoder fitted (closed loop) which provide unmatched speed holding capabilities. The motor can be mounted on either side of the Extruder or tucked under to suit the gear case, providing flexibility for your operation. Belt drive transmission is always used on smaller machines however when the drive power exceeds 340kW, direct drive is standard.
- All electrical systems are designed by Telford Smith Engineers who specify only the highest quality components meeting rigid specifications. Easy to read operator interface displays. Your choice of mounting the pre-wired cabinet on the machine base or a freestanding cabinet wired to an on-site junction box. The junction box is fitted by Telford Smith and is pre-wired to the Extruder.
- Extruders are fully guarded for operator protection from heat, electrical and mechanical equipment.
For more information on Single Screw Extruding Machines for plastics please call or use the IndustrySearch email form for a direct reply.