Application: Ideal for small openings in pits, tanks or sumps. Use a belt skimmer to remove animal, vegetable and petroleum-based oils, grease and oily waste that may float on the water’s surface. The oleophilic (oil-attracting) belt moves through the water surface, returning to the skimmer where rollers remove recovered oils.
Belt skimmers work on the difference in specific gravity and surface tension between oil and water, and where oil has an affinity for the belt. As the belt rotates, it passes through the oil and water interface, where the oil adheres to the belt. It is then lifted upwards and scraped from the belt into a collection point.
- The 240 volt Global belt skimmer is ideal for skimming lube oil, hydraulic oil, diesel or kerosene in industrial and mining sumps, as well as edible oils, animal fats and hydrocarbons at refineries and petro-chemical plants.
- The belt skimmer can be easily hung above a sump, tank or pond on an arm or chain.
- Free hanging belt – no bottom roller, pulley or tensioner.
- Belt can fit through small openings in pits, tanks or sumps.
- A belt skimmer can be used with a wide range of oil types and specific gravities.
- Stainless steel housing provides excellent all-weather protection.
- Minimal water pick up.
- The 20cm wide, polymer belt is abrasion and corrosion resistant.
- Standard belt length suits a 2m vertical drop but can be supplied from 1m to 10m in length, in 10cm increments.
- Belt skimmer spare parts and replacement belts readily available.
Australian Made and Owned