The brush skimmer floats on water’s surface whilst the brush rotates through the oil layer. Oil adheres to the brush and is continuously scraped off, collecting in the sump from where it is pumped to a suitable storage vessel or container.
Brush skimmers are ideal for highly viscous oils.
- Brush skimmer features hard-bristle polypropylene brush which is best suited for viscous oils.
- 12m³/hr pick up capacity, depending on oil viscosity.
- Rotational speed is adjustable from 0 to 100 RPM (at the power pack).
- Use self-priming, suction-type transfer pumps to transfer the skimmed oil to shore or optional integral oil transfer pump.
- A diesel-driven hydraulic power pack (refer to our section on hydraulic power packs) is available to provide power for the brush skimmer or oil pump.
- Global brush skimmers are manufactured from marine grade aluminium for portability and to provide corrosion resistance in brackish or salty water.
Made in Australia
Australian Made and Owned