The SLR pump is a lobular rotor positive displacement pump of a sanitary design suitable for use in the dairies, food-processing, beverage, pharmaceutical and fine chemicals industries.
This pump is perfect for managing all kinds of fluid, of either low or high viscosity, in the food-processing, dairies, and cosmetics industries, as well as for filtering and bottling applications.
Fluids containing fragile solids such as junket can be pumped without damage thanks to the specially designed lobes.
Operating principle of SLR Lobe Rotor Pump
The SLR pumps basically consist of two lobe rotors which rotate synchronously inside a casing without touching each other.
As the rotors rotate, the spaces between the lobes and the casing are successively filled with fluid, which is transported to the discharge nozzle with a fixed amount of displacement. The pumped fluid forms a continuous stream thanks to the tolerances between the lobes and the pump casing, thus ensuring an efficient pumping.
Design and features of SLR Lobe Rotor Pump
- Bare-shaft construction.
- Casing and rotors in stainless steel investment casting technology.
- Tri-lobe rotors.
- Health-safe design of the attachment of the rotors.
- DIN connections (standard).
- Sanitary mechanical seals.
- Easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Pump certified according to 3A sanitary standards.
- Parts in contact with pumped media - AISI 316L
- Suppor - GG-15
- Gaskets (standard) - EPDM (FDA)
- Mechanical seals (standard) - C/SiC/EPDM
- Inside surface finish - Ra < 0.8 µm.
- Outside surface finish - Mirror polished
Options of SLR Lobe Rotor Pump
- Mech.seals in SiC/SiC, TgC/SiC, C/St.St.
- Ra< 0.4 µm surface finish.
- Cooled-seal packing, pressurized double seal, lip seal, or O-ring seal.
- Gaskets in FPM (Viton ) and PTFE.
- Relief valve on the front cover or external by-pass.
- Bi-wing lobes.
- Heating chambers.
- Isolation can.
- Vertical support.
- Rectangular nozzle.
- Several kinds of drives and protections (gearbox drive with optional frequency converter, pulley/mechanical drive speed selector).
- Trolley and/or switchboard.
- Connections: Clamp, SMS, RJT, etc