High pressure, abrasive, slurry handling valves from Upwey:
Mining and mineral processing – ball check slurry valve offers pump protection and non return on dewatering pump sets, tailings lines and cyclone feed pumps. Most common uses are for dewatering and slurry or tailings
General irrigation, water, wastewater and sewage treatment plants – commonly found in pumps sets, and used as foot valves, on water and effluent intakes.
Construction – valves commonly used as a foot valve in dewatering pump sets as well as a non return valve for larger gravel/grit waste extraction pump sets.
Ash water pump sets, where the abrasive ash content in the water erodes standard swing check valves within short timeframes, the ash slurry valves from Upwey Valve & Engineering offer the best solution, as well as on pump sets for raw water/cooling water intake.
Pulp and paper industries, chemical and soda ash installations – pump protection, foot valves and non return functions where larger particle size and/or corrosive nature of the medium being pumped can pose problems.
Features of Upwey MAXI-Check Slurry Ball Check Valves:
- Full bore
- Perfect sealing
- Low head losses
- Maintenance free
- Non-clogging, self cleaning ball
- Simple construction, one moving part
- Silent, non slam, reduces pipe hammer
- Can be split for cleaning or replacing of ball
- Minimum back pressure for sealing: 0.3 to 0.5bar
- Fabricated valves face to face can be altered to suit different types of valve face-to-face dimensions
- Size range: 40mm - 600mm, Larger sizes on request.
- Types: MAXI-Check H, MAXI-Check L and MAXI-Check I slurry Ball Check valve
- Working temperature: -10°C to +80°C
- Medium: Water, Sewage, Slurry, Heavy, thick and viscous liquids
- Pulp and paper
- Sand and gravel
- Power generation
- Chemical and soda ash
- Environmental and effluent
- Mining and mineral processing slurry tailings