The SmartDose is a longwall automatic emulsion station that can completely automate the production of emulsion for plate rolling fluids, cutting fluids, coolants or
longwall fluids in a coal mine.
- SmartDose is exclusively available through Precision Light & Air, providing comprehensive sales, service and engineering worldwide.
- Efficient and reliable dosing of Longwall hydraulic fluid maximises the operating life of hydraulic components and pumping systems. With SmartDose, efficiency and reliability has been combined with
high accuracy to provide extremely stable fluid make-up.
- Irrespective of variations in local field parameters, SmartDose controls 'oil to water ratio' within 0.15%, guaranteeing premium quality hydraulic fluid. Concentration is un-affected by oil tank head pressure, water flow or pressure variations, raw oil concentrations or installation position.
- Mine operators employing SmartDose are provided with high quality oil consistently, and reliably, enabling enforcement of the equipment manufacturer's warranty, typically with a reduction in raw oil expenditure. One of the many advantages of using a SmartDose blending system.
- SmartDose is fully automatic and requires no operator intervention, reducing mine labour costs, with existing systems currently providing greater than 99.8% availability.
- Should the raw water line pressure or flow change due to varying demand in other sections of the Longwall, SmartDose will adjust the oil dosing rate automatically maintaining a constant output and a continuous supply of premium quality hydraulic oil.
- Operation of the SmartDose system is initiated by high and low sensors in the bulk emulsion tank. Once the low level is reached, SmartDose will automatically produce fluid of the correct concentration until regulated levels are maintained.