- The target site requires GSM/3G service coverage but the phone handset used to run the system can be either GSM or NextG.
- SMS controllers fill the gap between our local 5km range licence exempt radio links and Camvnet the internet based asset management system.
- SMS based systems are ideal for real time control and monitoring of a couple of geographically dispersed assets by mobile phone for people on the move.
- M2M (machine-to-machine) control is possible with a pair of SMS controllers. In tank fill applications a float switch operated controller at the tank links to another controller at the pump. In a fire fighting situation the user can over ride the tank controller with a simple text message and then take control of the pump with his or her mobile phone.
- Some extra features built into the SMS controllers include powering up lighting for a preset period (by sending an SMS command with a runtime) or running a pump for a predetermined water delivery (by sending an SMS with a flow meter pulse total).