Soundproofing Rockwool and Soundproofing Foam is used to absorb noise. Sound waves entre the soundproofing material and become damaged or weakened as they move through.
Soundproofing materials such as these are very useful to:
- Line machine enclosures or canopy’s
- Acoustic treatment to mechanical ducting
- Treat walls and ceilings for noise reverberation (absorption)
- Add additional soundproofing re-enforcement to existing walls and barriers.
Made from volcanic rock fibre, our acoustic Rockwool material comes in semi-rigid panels, rigid panels and with or without an anti-de fibre material, to assist with resistance to shredding and add to the overall resilience of the product. They are also non-combustible making them a suitable solution for a number of higher risk applications.
Rockwool foams provide a relatively robust form of soundproofing noise control, and can be used in many applications. Rockwool soundproofing material is the most widely used acoustic absorption, providing one of the best performance –v- cost ratio outcomes.
For a more flexible and pliable application soundproofing foam is the preferred choice. Flexshield offers a range of cellular foams and visco-elastic mass dampers. Visco elastic materials are known to dampen vibration and are particularly effective with the lower end of the frequency range.
These materials are a cost effective way of significantly reducing a noise problem and are often used to reduce:
- Impact noise caused by metal on metal
- Hammering of sheet metal
- Car Body Works (smash repair shops)
- Vibratory noise in structures such as metal hoods, hoppers, and ventilation ducting
- Noise created on metal worktables, or other metal furniture
The experts at Flexshield will advise you as to the appropriate soundproofing foam for your particular application.