First, a compensating thread lock, the two arched prongs moving inward to engage and lock against the flanks of the screw thread. These free-acting prongs compensate for tolerance variations.
Second, a self-energising spring lock, created by the compression of the arch in both the prongs and base, as the screw is tightened. The combined forces of the thread lock and spring lock definitely eliminate vibration loosening.
Functional advantages of Speed Nuts
- Faster to apply due to free running fit on threads.
- Self locking, thus eliminating the need for lock washers whilst reducing the number of components.
- Can be re-used as they always return to their original shape.
- The fastening load is spread over a greater bearing area than conventional nuts.
- Retapping operations are eliminated as thread forms will not clog due to excess build up of paint or vitreous enamel as experienced with ordinary nuts.
- Vitreous enamel, glass and plastic components can be firmly assembled eliminating the risk of subsequent damage arising from vibration.
- Due to their flexible design, Speed Nuts possess the advantages of immediate adaptability to special assembly requirements.
- Speed Nuts are the only fastening providing a combination of a compensating thread lock and self energising spring lock which together form a vibration proof force.
Flat Nuts - A one-piece self-locking fastener to replace time consuming conventional nuts and washers. Fast to apply, self locking, reusable, non paint "clogging". Available in a wide variety of shapes and sizes to suit machine or sheet metal screws.
"U" & "J" Type Nuts - One-piece threaded captive nuts designed to snap over the edge of panels or locate in centre hole applications. Self-retaining for blind assembly. Fast to apply, self-locking, reusable, non paint "clogging". Available in a full range of panel thicknesses and screw sizes.
Cage & Weld Type Nut Retainer - For retaining square, fully threaded nuts in blind locations. The cage nut assembly is simply snapped into the panel. The weld type nut retainer is spot welded. Available in a range of screw sizes and panel thicknesses.
Expansion Nuts - For light duty blind assembly. Simply snapped into the panel. Self retaining. Available in spring steel and plastic to suit sheet metal and machine screws.
Wood Anchor Nuts - Designed to anchor into wood, plywood, chipwood and plastic for blind assembly.