Available in large plate thicknesses up to 17 inches and rounds in diameters up to 23 inches, Moldmax XL can be used as a direct replacement for P-20 tool steels.
The increased thermal conductivity allows faster cycle times and significant cost savings.
Moldmax XL has the following attributes:
- Heat treated and ready to machine.
- Resistance to corrosion.
- Fully machineable.
- Easy to polish.
- Weldable to copper and other alloys,
- Available in large block sizes.
- High level of strength and conductivity.
These attributes lead to the following benefits:
- Reduced cycle times and increased profitability.
- Improved product dimensional stability.
- Shortened mold lead time compared to steel.
- Ability to use in corrosive environments
- Larger sizes simplify tool constructions.
Moldmax XL is suitable for the specific uses of:
- Mold cavities
- Mold cores
- Mold inserts