The design of the inlet section reduces turbulence to a minimum and creates an optimum flow pattern for efficient settling.
The solids settle in the bottom of the classifier which contains a shaftless spiral. The spiral transports the sediment slowly (speeds are kept to around 5rpm to minimise turbulence) to an included or vertical conveyor which then discharges the grit.
- Floating material removal
- Inlet works in sewage treatment plants - grit and screenings application
- Inlet works in sewage treatment plants - grit vortex chamber / classifier
- Pulp and paper industry - rejects handling system
- Food industry
- Shaftless spiral
- Compact, robust design
- Low power
- Low speed
- No intermediate or end bearings are under water
- Virtually maintenance free