- Spring rewind hose reels are commonly used in industry for hose storage. In some hose handling applications, excessive spring rewind speed can result from misuse and can result in significant safety issues. Excessive rewind speed can cause rapidly moving hose to strike users or objects, resulting in unnecessary injury or damage.
- Such issues can be significantly reduced with the Safe-R-Reel® Rewind Speed Control System from Reel-Tech. As the Safe-R-Reel® reduces rewind speed, it also reduces the risks of injury, equipment damage, down time and hose wear associated with excessive rewind speed.
- The Safe-R-Reel® system is specifically designed to be added to most common brands of spring rewind reels* and can be added to an existing reel without major irreversible modifications. It is most readily adaptable to the popular Hannay® range of industrial spring reels.
- It is simple to install; depending on the reel capacity, the Safe-R-Reel® system simply bolts on to the hose reel canister and it can be tuned to achieve 30-50% speed reduction compared to a standard spring rewind reel. This can also be upgraded to vary the rewind speed*.
- The Safe-R-Reel® system does not rely on hydraulic clutching or other dependant devices requiring regular service, reducing down time and contains no visible moving parts.
- Because of its unique features, more than 30+ units have recently been commissioned for use in the aviation industry to address the client’s long term safety and operational concerns as a result of product misuse.
*Consult factory for availability.