Standard High Tensile Bolts
Ajax-manufactured high tensile bolts are cold forged to precision tolerances from a special BHP alloy and carefully heat treated to ensure the best possible combination of strength and ductility.
Products are available in main categories:
- AS 1110 / ISO 4014 M6 – M24 diameter
- AS 4291.1 / ISO 898 Property Class 8.8
- Furnace black or zinc plated
- Metric coarse threads
- AS2465 / ANSI B18.2.1 ¼ - 1” diameter
- SAE J 429 Grade 5 from ¼ to 7/16, Grade 8 from ½ to 1” diameter
- Furnace back or zinc plated
- UNC and UNF threads. Note: 1” UNF is 12 TPI.
High tensile bolts are used in general engineering applications where the strength of a commercial grade bolt is insufficient or where very tight dimensional tolerances are required.
A full certification service – free of charge – is offered for this entire range.
Certification includes mechanical properties, chemical composition and other tests if specified. Each batch of product has a unique Quality Assurance Reference Number (QARN), which is printed on the box label. It is through this number that we can trace the manufacturing process back to the raw material.
Product procured outside of Australia is still subjected to our QA procedures. This applies largely to diameters below 1/2 and M12.