Special blending plants produce consistent, homogeneous stabilisation products with predictable performance characteristics. Blending operations ensure tight controls on quality.
Steel Pave has significant advantages in pavement stabilisation and recycling over conventional GP cements due to:
- Higher ultimate strength is developed over time leading to stronger pavements
- Lower heat of hydration reduces the likelihood of thermal stress cracking
- Lower shrinkage reduces potential for cracking
One of the most significant features of Steel Pave products is their increased working time over conventional cementitious materials resulting in:
- Improved workability this is critically important with deep lift recycling work
- Increased time for mixing and compaction
- Improved pavement finish and ride due to more time for grading
- Improved pavement durability can be expected from the quality
- Improvement made possible by the increased workability
- Steel Pave products are manufactured in purpose-built, state-of-the-art blending facilities.
- This enables engineers to confidently specify any variation or combination to meet specific project requirements.
Steel Pave products have applications in a diverse range of situations including:
- Deep lift recycling
- Pavement construction
- Soil stabilisation
- Building sites
- Pavement rehabilitation
- Maintenance and patching
- Mining site works