These can be for a diverse range of building and construction projects, all the way to 100 tonne load bearing installations.
What is Screw Piling?
Steel Screw Piling is necessary for building foundations where the ground is not compacted, or strong enough or of variable capacity to carry the structure, for example in sand, mud or reclaimed land.
Steel screw piling is a deep foundation support system that transfers the weight of a building onto the stronger founding layer below. We can use screw piles for loads up to 100 tonnes and the length of the screw piles can exceed 20 metres.
To install them, we use an excavator with a power head and drive system designed by Russell Heale.
Steel Screw Piles offer significant advantages over other piling types. If your job specifies concrete or timber piles, we can quote the steel screw pile equivalent.
Benefits of Steel Screw Piling:
- Saves you time and money
- Eliminates building settlement and costly repairs
- Speedy installation
- Unlimited pile lengths
- No mess or waste – minimal disturbance
- Continuous pile achieved every time - stops problems associated with soft or wet collapsing soils
- Vibration free installation
- Segmented piles possible when limited head height
- Simple attachment to timber, concrete or steel structures
We can dig your pool at the same time as piling it, saving time and machinery establishment costs.