Sterlite Industries was the first private sector smelter in India and has a reputation for focussing on efficient, environmentally friendly operations.
In 2003/2004 Sterlite decided to upgrade their process control operations and increase copper smelter production capacity. This required a new larger ISASMELT furnace and associated Waste Heat Boiler, Rotary Holding Furnace, ESP, Acid plant and Refinery.
- Control system and instrumentation design for ISASMELT Furnace and Feed Preparation Area
- Control system configuration for ISASMELT, Feed Preparation, ESP, Waste Heat Boiler
- Control System Training
- Supply of Lance Hoist control equipment packages
- Commissioning Assistance
- Yokogawa Centum CS3000 DCS
- Siemens PLC for hoist package
- Siemens Flux Vector Drive.
As a result of the project Sterlite Industries can now boast a smooth operation with an increase in production capacity from 150,000 to 300,000 tonnes per year. Sterlite was recently awarded a five star rating by the British Safety Council. This is the first time a Copper Smelter has been awarded such a high rating.
Click here to download project profile.