- Once the stacker has built up the stockpile so that its cross-section has the largest possible number of layers of identical material, the bridge scraper assists the maximum homogenisation effect when reclaiming material from the front of the pile.
- Stockpiles can be set up outdoors or in halls.
- When circular stockpiles are set up in a restricted space they are usually fed with material by a slewable stacker.
- The material is reclaimed from the inside slope of the stockpile.
- A rotary scraper which can be designed as a portal, semi-portal or lateral scraper is used for this purpose.
- Optimum utilisation of stockpile capacity is achieved by simultaneous but independent storing and reclaiming.