Submersible Level Sensor -Plastic HE version can be supplied with no metallic components exposed to the medium. The powerful universal isolator / power supply PR4114 allows remote programming of span down to 1M, with universal output and display.
The rigid construction version replaces the nylon support tube with solid SS 8mm tube which can be assembled into flanges or plug fittings in tanks.
Cable Styles - Nylon Tube with SS Support - Standard Platypus includes a 10m nylon tube type cable. Longer cables are available in 1 meter increments. i.e. for 35m cable order 25 PL-CABLE-EXTRA This cable construction is stronger and more abrasion resistant than any extruded, vented cable commonly available.
The Platypus is manufactured to order and can generally be assembled and shipped in 2 days allowing a 24hr submersion test.
Features of Submersible Level Transmitter - Platypus:
- Calibrated ranges from 1m to 170m WG
- Extremely rugged 316SS construction or Plastic Body for saline or brackish water
- Configurations to suit most applications
- Readily repairable at low cost
- Sensor and system lightning protection option
- Low operating voltage
- Internal SMD transmitter option
- Accuracy better than 0.5% (system)
- Submersible to 100m (appropriate versions)
Lightning Protection - The internal-LP option protects the sensor and is fitted in the housing (cannot use with internal TX). To protect the output side (4-20mA loop) the PL - ELP is used (this device is built into PL-TX-DIN as standard). It should be fitted adjacent to the device it is protecting - and one would be fitted at each end of a vulnerable loop.
- TX - internal 2 wire transmitter in head
- HE- Plastic body and wetted parts [SS support cable is optional]
- LP - Internal Lightning Protection device - added to type SG only - must be earthed on installation
- SG- Strain gauge 4W output from sensor head with external transmitter [standard configuration]
- TXP - internal transmitter, 1/2 BSP process connection and Bendix plug- electrical connection