Dymec-DynaStar models 5843 and 5844 are hardened fiber optic Link/Repeaters that convert RS232 or TTL level copper to amplitude based fiber output.
Supports data rates from dc to 250k bps, DCE or DTE port configuration and a diagnostic/test mode that allows testing of the copper and fiber connections before the connected IED is active in the network.
By simply setting a few switches, the DYMEC-DynaStar 5843 and 5844 Link/Repeaters can be configured for point-to-point, star, optical bus, or loop networks, and permit quick, easy connection of devices.
For example, an extensive multi-drop network -- where two or more intelligent electrical devices are connected and communicating -- can be constructed simply by connecting the devices through Link/Repeaters.
DYMEC-DynaStar 5843 and 5844 Link/Repeaters may optically connect devices of different formats, eliminating the need for format converters. For example, an RS232 IED may be connected to a model 5844 which is optically connected to a model 5846, which, in turn, can communicate electrically to its IED electrically in EIA 485.
Features and Benefits
- Single Channel RS232 or TTL Logic Levels
- Powered from Station Battery Bus to C37.90 or 12 Vdc
- Operates reliably at temperatures of -40°C to 85°C with no fans.
- Extended distances of 6 km over Multimode fiber and 30 km over Single-mode fiber.
- Multiple Mounting choices with built-in mounting brackets and optional mounting shelf
- Packaged in rugged, industrial-quality Galvaneal and powder coated shells
- 4 Diagnostic LEDs for easier debug of installation
- Conformal coated PC Boards
- Compatible with all earlier 5843/5844 versions of Dymec Link/Repeaters
- 5-year warranty