An integrated collection of earth science software, including map and log digitising, base mapping and coordinate conversions, gridding and contouring, solid modelling, statistics computations, two- and three-dimensional orientation analysis, log plotting and cross sections, and other miscellaneous utilities.
All of the RockWorks components share a standardised user interface and produce compatible graphics.
Use the digitising to determine the co-ordinates of drill-holes from an aerial photograph and to trace a series of curves from the associated strip logs.
The digitised co-ordinates, which can be in any units (linear or logarithmic scales), could then be used to generate a series of contour maps depicting structural elevations, thicknesses, or geochemistry, while the curve data could then be plotted within logs as part of a cross-section.
Finally, the logs and contour maps could be exported to AutoCAD for additional editing and annotation.
- New ReportWorks program for easy page layout of RockWorks diagrams, bitmaps, legends, logos, and more.
- Easy time animation (solid model morphing) in RockPlot3D given a list of existing models, with AVI movie export.
- Multi-panel profiles of lithology, stratigraphy, geochemistry/geophysics, fracture, and aquifer data.
- Geology maps, representing lithology or stratigraphy models where they intersect a designated surface.
- New fracture modeling: solids, profiles, sections, and fences.
- 2D plan maps of lithology, stratigraphy, I-data, P-data, and fracture models.
- Clip logs to display a user-specified elevation range.
- Easier borehole ground surface modeling for mapping, model filtering, and more.
- Fully scriptable program operation (RCL) - all program operations.
- Faster borehole handling prior to processing with additional user control over temporary file creation