The Super Air Knife offers a more efficient way to clean, dry or cool parts, webs or conveyors.
Delivering a uniform sheet of laminar airflow across the entire length with hard-hitting force, noisy blowoffs become a whisper when replaced with the compact Super Air Knife. Even at high pressures of 80 PSIG (5.5 BAR), the sound level is surprisingly quiet at 69 dBA for most applications! Air amplification ratios (entrained air to compressed air) of 40:1 are produced. Meets OSHA maximum dead-ended pressure and noise requirements.
The laminar airflow of the Super Air Knife is perfect for removing moisture prior to packaging, painting, labelling, bar coding and assembly. Common applications include drying parts, rolled steel, circuit boards, webs, bottles, cans and more. Velocity is easily adjusted from a "blast" to a "breeze" with a pressure regulator.
The Super Air Knife is ideal for blowing off chips, dirt or water from parts, webs or conveyors. It delivers a uniform sheet of air that has the same force across the entire length. There are no interruptions or "dead spots" which mean all surfaces are dried or cleaned. The Super Air Knife is available in aluminium or stainless steel for corrosive and high temperature applications.
Great volumes of airflow can be generated in very tight spaces due to the compact size of the Super Air Knife. Flow and force are easily controlled with a pressure regulator, allowing fast or gradual cooling. Shims can be installed if additional hard-hitting velocity is required.
Open, Float, Separate
The uniform airflow exits the Super Air Knife in a perfectly straight line (does not deflect). It is ideal for opening bags and pouches, floating webs, and keeping environments separate.
Applications of Super Air Knife:
- Part drying after wash
- Sheet cleaning in strip mills
- Conveyor cleaning
- Part or component cooling
- Web drying or cleaning
- Environmental separation
- Pre-paint blowoff
- Bag opening / fill operations
- Scrap removal on converting operations
Advantages of Super Air Knife:
- Quiet - 69 dBA for most applications
- Minimal air consumption
- 40:1 air amplification
- Uniform airflow across entire length
- Variable force and flow
- No moving parts - maintenance free
- Easy mounting - compressed air inlets on each end and bottom
- Compact, rugged, easy to install
- Stainless steel screws in all models
- Recessed hardware for easy mounting
- 316 stainless steel available on special order
- Special lengths available
- Unlimited system lengths of uninterrupted airflow available
- Stock lengths to 48" (1219mm) in aluminium and stainless steel (ss - for temperatures up to 427 deg C, food processing or corrosive environments)