Who should attend:
Any person that is required to supervise personnel that are required to safely enter and work in a confined space. This course is popular with both industry and government sector because it includes a good balance of practical sessions and classroom based theory. Talk to us about customising this course to suit your unique circumstances.
- Course introduction and enrolment.
- Definitions and how to identify a confined space as per AS/NZS2865 - 2009.
- Relevant legislation explained.
- Case studies of unsafe confined space entry.
- Role and responsibilities of key personnel.
- Evaluate and produce risk assessments and hazard control.
- Develop permits to work and other entry procedures.
- Gas awareness and atmospheric monitoring.
- Ventilation and cleaning methods.
- Isolation and tag out methods.
- Breathing apparatus use.
- Entry to a confined space using breathing apparatus and fall prevention measure.
- Practical exercise of entry to a confined space.
- Communicate in a confined space while using breathing apparatus
- Introduction to volatile organic compounds (VOC)
- Operate and read a gas detector in a confined space.
- Intrinsic safety in confined spaces
- Rescue ready rigging for confined space access.
Practical and theoretical and application based assessments.
- When: As required
- Where: On your site or at our training facilities
- Duration: 2 or 3 day course available
- Class Size: Up to 15 people
- Cost: Please call or email for more information