Specialty Acrylic Polymers:
The product range available through Protective Technology is designed to give customers versatility and performance in their own formulations. These polymers can offer considerable technical advantage to the products in which they are incorporated.
The range includes:
- Antifoams, mineral-oil-based formulations for maximum effect.
- Acrylic co-binder resins for tailor-made solutions.
- Dispersants for pigment, filler and solids dispersion in aqueous formulations.
- Flow Improvers. A range of associative thickening agents for creating desired flow characteristics in paints and other formulated coatings.
- Thickeners. High efficiency, easy-to-use products for all requirements of thickening.
- Wetting Agents. High wetting products for adding into formulations.
Protective Technology produces a ready-to-use coating, which is used for temporary protection for a number of applications. This technology is designed to preserve and protect the substrate it is applied to, usually to reduce the chances of damage in transportation, construction or in installation. Simply spray, brush or roller onto the substrate and after the coating has provided the protection needed, peel it off in one sheet and throw away.
PROPeel is also supplied with antimicrobial properties, by incorporating Ultra Fresh technology into the formulation. This product is useful for washrooms, food prep areas and healthcare facilities, where microbes pose huge problems if they are not controlled.
The surface can be replaced by peeling off and reapplying, once the coating is damaged, soiled or reached its service scheduled end.
Application areas for PROPeel:
- Window protection during building construction
- (Preventing damage or contamination to new glass by render, plaster, paint or other building materials).
- Transportation of glass or powder coated metal components
- (Preventing 'expensive to repair/replace' surface damage to costly and high-tec products).
- Serviceable hygiene improvement in washroom/healthcare/food-prep
- (A microbe-free serviceable coating on tap handles, door handles, toilet seats, partition walls and floors).
- Adhesives and Sealants. Whether the application be for wood and panel products, caulks and sealants, hot melt and packaging resins, contact adhesives or the wide range of water-based emulsions produced, Protective Technology can offer an Ultra-Fresh solution.
- Concrete Premixes – Ultra-Fresh antimcrobials are effective for providing long-lasting, inbuilt, antimicrobial performance to concrete flooring. Ideal for use in floors in the food and health industries.
- Tile grouts – Ultra-Fresh provides superior, inbuilt and longer-lasting mould inhibition to tile grouts. Superior technology to provide proven longer lasting control of undesirable mould and mildew.
- Epoxy systems (including self-levelling epoxy systems) – The hardness of epoxy systems has traditionally been desired for applications where the risk of chemical and microbial attack is high. Ultra-Fresh has been proven to work in epoxy syatems to provide an additional inbuilt defence to assist in the control of undesirable bacteria. Effective for use in functional systems for the healthcare and food services industries. Ultra-Fresh is proven against a broad range of bacteria including MRSA (Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus) and VRE (Vancomycin Resistant Enterococci).
- Carpet backing and Carpet underlay. Dunlop Flooring has the exclusive right to the use of the Ultra-Fresh brand in Australia for carpet underlay. Carpet fibres can be pretreated with Ultra-Fresh as can manufacturerd carpet and latex backing. This creates an effective defence aganst bacteria, mould, mildew, fungi and dustmites.