The Simulator Base Unit (6-DOF) mining simulator features:
- Huge panoramic projected display.
- 3D Surround Sound audio.
- A controlled environment which is insulated, air-conditioned, heated, and protected against dust egress.
- Accurate reality models.
- Computing segment.
- Commercial components.
In addition, the product features an instructor operator station, featuring the ability to:
- Set up and modify a set of standard exercises.
- Select exercise start position and initial equipment parameters.
- Choose artificially intelligent objects such as other simulated mining equipment and people to operate within the simulated mine world.
- Vary world specific parameters and interactive events such as rock spillages, rock hardness and crusher states.
- Inject faults such as tyre failure, fissures in the rock face, brake systems failure or engine faults, either randomly or on command, and then monitor student responses.
- View a display showing the current state of all instruments and controls during execution.
- Watch historical and real-time graphs of important sub-system quantities.
- View an event log of students’ operating procedure violations as they occur.
- Replay exercises for After-Action Review and student de-briefing.
- View, print and export current and historical student reports.
Further information can be found here