DRY-TREAT 40SK™ is an impregnating, invisible and breathable sealer that protects porous tile, natural stone, brick, terracotta, paving and grout from damage caused by water and salts, plus helps to consolidate friable surfaces.
Treated indoor and outdoor surfaces become easier to clean, maintain and keep looking good for longer. DRY-TREAT 40SK™ provides lasting protection for engineering concrete, terracotta tile, cast stone, paving, sandstone, limestone, brick and grout.
Typical applications: DRY-TREAT 40SK™ is suitable for a wide variety of applications, including building facades, floors, walls, swimming pool surrounds, patios, garages, kitchen and public and private entertaining areas.
Benefits: DRY-TREAT 40SK™ is non film-forming; able to consolidate loose and friable surfaces; able to work without changing the appearance of the surface - keeps the original look; suitable for indoor and outdoor use; able to greatly reduce water uptake and minimise moss growth, freeze thaw spalling and efflorescence; an excellent chloride ion salt screen - ideal for marine and pool areas; highly water vapour permeable - able to breathe so there is no build-up of subsurface moisture, allowing it to dry out; deeply penetrating - protecting against weathering and wearing; very alkali resistant - won't breakdown in contact with cement based materials, and able to seal hairline cracks up to 0.3 mm (0.012 in.) and does not flake or peel.
Warranty: A 15-YEAR PERFORMANCE WARRANTY is offered when DRY-TREAT 40SK™ is applied by an accredited applicator following our written instructions.
Application rate: Total application rate is approximately one litre per 0.5 to four sq. metres (five to 40 sq. feet per quart) depending on absorption.
How to use:
1. ALWAYS TEST PRODUCT ON A SMALL AREA FIRST and allow a 24 hour cure time to determine the ease of application and desired results.
2. Ensure surfaces to be treated are dry, clean and free of residues.
3. Product is to be applied without thinning.
4. Generously saturate the surface with product using a low-pressure hand spray, a clean brush, or similar. Surface should have a mirror-like "wet" look for 3-5 seconds. Avoid contact with surrounding areas.
5. After 10 minutes, repeat Step 4. Total application rate is approximately one litre per 0.5 to four sq. metres (5 to 40 sq. feet per quart) depending on absorption.
6. Allow 10 minutes for product to penetrate surface then polish surface with a clean white dry cloth to remove excess product. Do not allow excess product to dry on the surface.
7. Clean equipment with organic solvent e.g. methylated spirits.
8. Sealer will not prevent surface etching, scuff marks or wear and may lighten or darken some surfaces. It is recommended that for sandstone or limestone in a salt water environment e.g. a pool coping, the entire coping should be dipped sealed with DRY-TREAT 40SK™ and a 14 days cure time allowed before the stone is put into service. Please note that the underside of the treated stone will become repellent and a special adhesive such as Davco SE-7 mixed with Davelastic or, Bostik Landscape Adhesive is recommended to fix the stone.
Dry-Treat | Sealers for Stain & Graffiti Protection
Dry-Treat manufactures for porous building materials, including natural stone, brick, pavers, tiles, engineering concrete and grout. Dry-Treat technology is different - Dry-Treat's innovative impregnators ...