- robust, electrically safe but not intrinsically safe.
- operates over a wide range of climatic conditions.
- can work up to 8 hours on one battery pack.
- transducer can be up to 30 metres from the base unit.
- provides a computed thickness reading within seconds.
- high reproducibility + or - 0.1mm, hence very suitable for recurrent measurements.
- measures through any non-conductive and non-magnetic material, eg insulation (with metal skirt either aluminium, stainless steel or low alloy galvanised steel) concrete, fire retarder, up to 100mm thickness and up to 150mm when wall thickness is below 12.7mm.
- detects and measures average general corrosion or erosion over interrogated area (footprint), depending on insulation thickness.
- provides instant site report in measuring matrix format.
Further information can be found here