Features of DCD Swivels:
DCD Line Swivels, (e.g. 00505-000) are typically constructed with a thrust bearing for tensile load and a radial bearing for bending load. They combine a high safe working load with a compact design. All sizes incorporate an oil seal and are manufactured from high strength stainless steel.
Locking Line Swivels are typically constructed with a Bronze thrust bearing for tensile load and a radial bearing for bending load. They combine a high safe working load with a compact design. All sizes incorporate an oil seal and are manufactured from high strength stainless steel. Due to the use of a bronze bearing in place of a roller bearing, rotation will only continue up to a certain load, much less than the safe working load. Once past this point, then rotation will only occur when pulling tension is relieved.
Sizes up to and including 00505-040 are manufactured from high strength Stainless Steel. The three largest sizes shown on the Specification Sheet are manufactured from special Alloy Steel and are Black Oxide coated. The different material allows higher working loads while retaining a compact design.
Swivel sizes 00505-020 and larger are supplied with a grease point for lubrication. This is particularly useful if used in overhead applications where high speed rotation is possible and lubrication is suggested after each use.
All sizes of both types are pull tested to verify the 3:1 safety factor and all (swiveling) sizes are fully capable of rotation at full working load. Test certificates are available upon request.
Sizes 00505-025 and 00505-025A and larger are supplied with hexagon Clevis Pins. Smaller sizes have slotted Clevis Pins.
For clevis detail and pin replacement please contact Specialised Force. Under no circumstances should alternate Clevis Pins be used.
Features of DCD Rope to Swivel Connectors:
- These tools are used in a wide range of applications in cable stringing and cable pulling operations.
- The DCD Rope to Swivel Connector is designed to achieve in two products what the competition does in four.
- These all stainless steel connectors are designed to maximise usefulness by both catering to the same rope capacity and simply offer different ends to attach to the most popular swivel sizes.
- Replacement sheaves are available by contacting the customer service department. The sheaves run on standard DCD Clevis Pins which are also available as spares.
- Safety factor for load is 3:1 (horizontal pull only).
Please use the IndustrySearch form for more information.