Petro-Canada DuraDrive™ MV Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) is our best multi-vehicle ATF.
This full synthetic formulation offers true multivehicle performance, outstanding wear protection, and exceptional fluid life.
DuraDrive MV Synthetic provides the frictional properties, wear protection and viscometrics needed by most major North American, Asian, and European automatic transmissions. It is specially formulated to provide consistent shift feel and transmission protection over a long fluid life.
DuraDrive MV Synthetic's benefits include excellent oxidation and shear stability, outstanding wear protection, and exceptional low temperature fluidity. It also provides industry leading anti-shudder durability (ASD) and frictional stability; exceeding the performance of many genuine OEM fluids.
DuraDrive MV Synthetic ATF uses Petro-Canada's 99.9 per cent pure, crystal clear PURITY™ VHVI synthetic base oils.
Used in combination with leading edge additive technology this allows DuraDrive MV Synthetic to retain its "fresh oil" properties longer, thereby delivering superior performance and superior savings.
DuraDrive MV Synthetic also provides savings through inventory consolidation by offering true multi-vehicle performance.
Features and Benefits
- Excellent resistance to oxidative and thermal breakdown
- Prevents corrosion and the formation of harmful sludge and deposits. Keeps transmissions clean & functioning properly Protects clutches from glazing
- Passes General Motor's Oxidation Test (GMOT) and Ford's Aluminum Beaker Oxidation Test (ABOT) illustrating superior oxidation resistance
- Exceptional low / high temperature fluidity
- Delivers quick lubrication of transmission components in cold weather
- Maintains desired viscosity & oil film strength in high temperature operation
- Earlier drive away and smooth gear shifting during low temperature operation
- Efficient heat removal from clutch surfaces, extends clutch life
- Outstanding anti-wear protection
- Reduces wear on bearings, bushings and gears
- Extends transmission life
- Suitable for heavy loading & high operating temperatures
- Outstanding anti-shudder durability and stable friction properties
- Excellent shift quality throughout service life Avoids vehicle shudder while stopped
- Maintains transmission efficiency & fuel economy
- High torque capacity avoids clutch slippage & wear
- Prevents clutch shudder in modulated torque converters
- Clutch plates and bands last longer
- Compatible with all transmission seal materials
- Helps to maintain seal integrity and prevent leaks Applications Petro-Canada DuraDrive MV Synthetic ATF is suitable for use in a wide range of North American, Asian, and European automatic transmissions. Fully approved against MERCON®-V (legacy licence M5080701)
- Exceeds JASO 1A requirements
- Suitable for use where the following OEM specifications are recommended:
- GM: DEXRON®-II, DEXRON-III
- Ford: MERCON, MERCON-V, FNR5
- Toyota: T, T-II, T-III, T-IV, WS
- Honda: Z1, DW-1
- Hyundai/Kia/Mitsubishi: SP-II, SP-III, SP-IV, J2, SPH-IV, SP-IV-RR, NWS-9638, Kia Red-1
- Nissan: Matic D, J, K, S, 402 Mazda: M-III, M-V
- Mercedes Benz: 236.1/.2/.3/.5/ .6/.7/.9/.10/.11/.12/.14/.15/.41/.8/.81 Saab: 93 165 147
- Saturn: Saturn ATF Subaru: Subaru ATF, ATF-HP
- Suzuki: 3314, 3317 BMW: 7045E, LA2634, LT71141, P/N 83 22 0 142 516, P/N 83 22 2 152 426 VW/Audi: G 052 162, G 052 990, G 055 025, G 055 005, G 055 162, G 060 162
- Volvo: pass car 4-6 speed, 97340, 97341
- NOT recommended for CVT and DCT transmissions or when a non-friction modified fluid is recommended (e.g. Ford Type F).
- Always consult the vehicle owner's manual for specific transmission fluid recommendations