Synthetic Chemical SB Bonding Emulsion
Increases Elasticity & Flexibility In NB 1 & KD Products
SB Bonding Emulsion is a multi purpose synthetic Chemical / liquid for use with all cementitous mortars & sealing slurries. The product increases the elasticity & reduces the water absorption in these products
Features of Synthetic Chemical SB Bonding Emulsion
- KÖSTER SB Bonding Emulsion “Concentrate” is a universally usable synthetic liquid for all cementitious mortars, plasters and sealing slurries.
- KÖSTER SB Bonding Emulsion “Concentrate” is solvent, plasticizer and filler-free. When added to mineral systems, the synthetic liquid increases elasticity and flexibility and reduces water absorption.
- KÖSTER SB Bonding Emulsion “Concentrate” is waterproof which means that after its application it can neither be washed nor rained off.
Field of application of Synthetic Chemical SB Bonding Emulsion
KÖSTER SB-Bonding Emulsion “Concentrate” can be used in all cases in which a good bonding between mortars, plasters, sealing slurries, concrete and existing mineral substrates has to be achieved.
As an additive to mineral systems, the synthetic additive causes a strong increase in flexibility and elasticity and at the same time a reduction of the water absorption.
Due to the synthetic additive, cured mortars and plasters become considerably more resistant to frost, salts and other aggressive substances.
Besides that, KÖSTER SB-Bonding Emulsion “Concentrate” improves the application properties of fresh mortars.
Substrate preparation for Synthetic Chemical SB Bonding Emulsion
Remove dust and loose particles. Oil polluted and very dirty substrates have to be cleaned using suited cleaning agents and residues have to be rinsed off. If necessary, the substrate has to be sand or shot blasted. Avoid standing water on pre-wetted substrates.
1.Additive to mortars, plasters, NB-Sealing Slurries and concrete Add 10 - 20 % of KÖSTER SB-Bonding Emulsion “Concentrate” to the mixing water.
2.Cementitious bonding bridge Mix KÖSTER SB-Bonding Emulsion “Concentrate” with water 1:2. Use this mixture to produce a slurry by mixing it with a cement / sand mixture (1:2). Apply the slurry with a firm brush. Plasters and screeds are applied fresh on fresh. If used as bonding bridge for sealing materials, a curing time of 24 hours has to be observed.
- per kg slurry approx. 25 – 50 g
- per kg mortar approx. 15 – 30 g
- as cementitious bonding bridge approx. 200 g / m²
Cleaning of tools
- Immediately after use with water
- 30 kg, 10 kg and 5 kg jerry can
- In a cool and frost-free place, the material can be stored for approx. 2 years.
- Avoid eye contact (wear protective goggles).
To Know about Synthetic Chemical SB Bonding Emulsion Please click here