The final effect is determined by both the resin base colour and the choice of #1 Marble chips. This offers the designer an unlimited choice of colour, chip appearance and overall layout.
ZV refers to Zero Voc: this term describes resin systems that are Solvent free and emit no fumes during application. Non-flammable.
The floor may be laid with colour patterns, borders, metal (brass) dividing strips or in any effect required.
Typical Physical Properties/Features
- Architectural Terrazzite ZV is a hard wearing, jointless (not tiles), thin set (6mm) polished Terrazzo.
- Wide range of colours available.
- Excellent aesthetic appeal.
- Can incorporate detailed inlays, designs, logos and patterns within the floor topping.
- Excellent abrasion resistance (wearability).
ASTM C501 (H22 abrasive wheels and 1000gm load)
Abrasive wear index 22
- Excellent impact resistance
- Compressive strength: 62Mpa
- Flexural strength: 17.6Mpa
- Shore D hardness: 38
- Tensile strength: ASTM C307 10.1Mpa
- Excellent adhesion to properly prepared and primed substrates.
- Excellent adhesion to concrete.
- Cohesive failure of the concrete at 1.3 Mpa.
- Excellent resistance to thermal shock.
- Co-efficient of thermal expansion:
ASTM C531 1.49 x 10-5/°C
- Service temperature range continuous +80°C to –30°C
- Slip resistance complies with NZ/AS 3661 1993 dry.
- Co-efficient of friction 0.65.
- Slip resistant option available for wet areas – refer to Nuplex Industries.
- Flammability AS 1530.3-1989:
- Ignitability Index (0-20): 10
- Spread of Flame Index (0-10): 6
- Heat Evolved Index (0-10): 3
- Smoke Developed Index (0-10): 6
- Minimum thickness: 6.0mm
- Weight: 12kgs/m² @ 6.0mm thick
- Easily cleaned and maintained with the correct polishes.
- Falls can be built up to aid drainage and avoid ponding. Refer to Nuplex STZ Prefill.
- Good exterior weathering resistance and durability.
For more information on Synthetic Terrazzo - Architectural Terrazzite ZV, please click here.