Anti-Slip Tapes and Plates Should be the first step in any workplace safety plan. Slips and trips are among the top three most common workplace injuries, causing harm to thousands of Australians each.
Whilst it is the employer's responsibility to keep workers safe, slips and trips can happen anytime and they can result in serious injuries to employees or even fatalities which emphasises the need for workplace safety. What's more, a company's bottom line can be affected by lost days at work, compensation claims, lawsuits, and increased insurance costs. Employers will need to retrain employees to avoid further injuries and remain OH&S compliant which results in a loss of time and efficiency.
What causes slips and trips?
Slip and trips occur when there is a loss of traction between the shoe and the floor surface. If the floor is wet or greasy, dry with powder or wood dust, uneven, waxed or polished, this can cause a hazard.
Other slip or trip hazards include loose flooring, mats or carpeting, missing floor tiles, irregular or damaged steps, sloped walking surfaces, cables or electrical chords, non-skid resistant surfaces, and weather.
How to prevent slips and trips
You can prevent slips and trips by identifying the areas where problems occur.
- Reduce wet or slippery surfaces by keeping high traffic areas such as floors and sidewalks clean and in good repaired condition.
- Avoid leaving obstacles such as chords, cables, boxes and open file cabinets in aisles and walkways.
- Always maintain proper lighting.
- Wear non-slip shoes.
- Use non-sliding moisture-absorbent mats or area rugs.
- Display wet floor signs.
- Clean up spills immediately.
- Use anti-skid adhesive tape in troublesome areas.
Anti-slip tapes and plates: The solution to slips and trips
Anti-Slip Tapes and Plates are your effective solution to slips and trips. With an adhesive backing that prevents sliding, these plates also have a special coating that prevents shoes from slipping. In addition to this, they are made of tough, durable materials, which are not easily damaged by repeated wear or use.
Why you should choose ovesco anti-slip tapes and plates
Since safety in the workplace is the number one concern, you need to choose a product that is manufactured and supported by a reputable company. As a business supplier that sources and supplies industrial products to large and small companies in transportation, manufacturing and mining industries, ovesco's anti-slip tapes and plates are the perfect solution.
- An easy-to-install, low-cost answer to slip problems in medium pedestrian traffic areas.
- Made out of durable, tough, diamond-hard materials which are flexible, water-resistant and long-lasting.
- Adhere to most surfaces.
- The best slip resistance possible.
- Comply with building code and anti-slip standards.
- Available in 5 colours.
- Roll Lengths from 5m to 18m.Sizes from 25mm to 450 mm.
- Available separately or as a pack of 5.
Ovesco anti-slip tapes and plates deliver
When safety is key, ovesco's anti-slip tapes and plates deliver the goods.