TATRA’s current product range consists of 4x4, 6x6 and 8x8’s with applications for tippers, semi trailers, tractors, platforms, drill rigs and a wide variety of other uses.
The TATRA design differs from its competitors by using:
- Central back bone tube with upper frame
- Independent swinging half-axles
- Air Cooled Engine
The TATRA chassis construction consists of an extremely rigid backbone frame, with a central tube and swinging half axles with independent suspension.
TATRA chassis concept is particularly notable for:
• The high rigidity of the vehicles supporting structure due to the high torsion and bending strength
Other Advantages include:
• Low torsion and bending stress of the superstructure and its easy installation on the frame
• Less demands on the strength of the upper auxiliary frame
Half-axles with independent suspension have:
• Highly effective vibration absorption
• Greater operability on heavy terrain
• Higher off-road travel speed and can be used in various operating conditions