All statements, information and data given are believed to be accurate and reliable but are presented without guarantee, warranty or responsibility of any kind, expressed or implied.
Any suggestion of product applications or results is given without representation or warranty, either expressed or implied. Without exception or limitation, there are no warranties of merchantability or of fitness for particular purpose or application. The user must fully evaluate every process and application in all aspects, including suitability, compliance with applicable law and non-infringement of the rights of others. The group and its affiliates shall have no liability in respect thereof.
Stay Silv 15 brazing filler metal is a frequent choice for brazing copper. It has a wide melting range which allows the operator to fill loose connections and “cap” or build up around the finished joint. When heated above its liquidus temperature, however, it will flow into tight connections.
Stay Silv 15 can be used to braze brass with the use of Stay Silv white brazing flux. Stay Silv 15 is not recommended for brazing steel or other ferrous metals.
- Silver 14.5-15.5
- Phosphorus 4.8-5.2
- Copper Balance
- Others Totals .15 max
- Solidus 1190°F (643°C)
- Electrical Conductivity 9.9 (% IACS)
- Liquids 1475°F (802°C)
- Electrical Resistivity 17.4
- Brazing Range 1300 - 1500°F (704 - 816°C)
- Density 0.305
- Standard wire and rod diameters and formed rings.
ANSI/AWS A5.8 Class BCuP-5, ASME SFA 5.8 Class BCuP-5, QQ-B-654A BCuP-5
- No flux required for copper to copper connections. Stay Silv white brazing flux for brass or bronze.
WARNING: PROTECT yourself and others. Read and understand this information.
- FUMES AND GASES can be hazardous to your health.
- ARC RAYS can injure eyes and burn skin.
- ELECTRIC SHOCK can KILL.
- Before use, read and understand the manufacturer’s instructions, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), and your employer's safety practices.
- Keep your head out of fumes.
- Use enough ventilation, exhaust at the arc, or both, to keep fumes and gases from your breathing zone and the general area.
- Wear correct eye, ear, and body protection.
- Do not touch live electrical parts.