All statements, information and data given are believed to be accurate and reliable but are presented without guarantee, warranty or responsibility of any kind, expressed or implied.
Stay-Silv® 5 brazing filler metal is a frequent choice for brazing copper. It has a wide melting range which allows the operator to fill loose connections. It can be used to braze brass with the use of Stay-Silv® white brazing flux. Stay-Silv® 5 is not recommended for brazing steel or other ferrous metals.
NOMINAL CHEMICAL COMPOSITION:
- Silver 4.8-5.2 %
- Phosphorus 5.8-6.2%
- Copper Balance
- Other Totals 0.15 % maximum
- Solidus 1190°F (643°C)
- Electrical Conductivity 9.6
- Liquidus 1494 -1506°F (812-819°C)
- Electrical Resistivity 18.1
- Brazing Temperature Range 1320 - 1500°F (716 - 816°C)
- Specific Gravity 8.14
Standard wire and rod diameters and formed rings.
ANSI/AWS A5.8 Class BCuP-3, ASME SFA 5.8 Class BCuP-3, QQ-B-650C Class BCuP-3
No flux required for copper to copper connections. Stay-Silv® white brazing flux for brass or bronze.
WARNING: PROTECT yourself and others. Read and understand this information.
- FUMES AND GASES can be hazardous to your health.
- ARC RAYS can injure eyes and burn skin.
- ELECTRIC SHOCK can KILL.
- Before use, read and understand the manufacturer’s instructions, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), and your employer's safety practices.
- Keep your head out of fumes.
- Use enough ventilation, exhaust at the flame, or both, to keep fumes and gases from your breathing zone and the general area.
- Wear correct eye, ear, and body protection.
- Do not touch live electrical parts.