The CORCON system
- Total Construct Cost Saving is about 20% !
- An overlap gives the beam moulds a telescopic capability, allowing for spans of up to 9 metres with simple reinforcement - and up to 26 metres if pre-stressed post-tensioned.
- Reusable and 100 percent recyclable:
- Corrugated sheets, 10 – 20 times, or more
- Beams – in excess of 20 times
- Brackets – 100 times or more
- All components can be ordered separately.
- Design made for multilevel factories, warehousing, commercial offices, and multi-storey residential and multi-level parking stations.
- The resulting slab is much stronger and more earthquake resistant than any equivalent system. (CORCON specimen distinctly displayed a superior behaviour over the other specimens in a concrete slab system seismicity test by Melbourne University during 2002-2003)
- CSIRO First level fire-resistant standard.
- A Sound Transmission Class (STC) of 49 was derived for the specimen from the sound transmission loss values above, in accordance with the procedure specified in AS 1276-1979 CSIRO Division of Building
- No screw and hook connection needed.
- No special skills, tools or equipment needed.
- Lightweight steel mould is easy to handle, setting up is quick & repetitive.
- Savings on concrete 30% to 50%+. Savings on steel reinforcement 30% to 80%.
- 500 m2 of forms weigh less than 13 tonnes, and can easily be transported in a 6 m container.
- A Sound Transmission Class (STC) of 49 (the average is 45) was derived for the specimen from CSIRO sound transmission loss values test
- Completely fire-resistant
- CORCON provides clear energy advantages over alternative slab systems with minimum savings of 20% embodied energy and savings of over 2 kg of CO2 gas emission/m2 of slab