Business owners and SEO Services experts alike recognize the importance of directory submissions for increased traffic and sales. It is one of the most affordable SEO options available and offers great opportunities for business promotion.
1. One-way links. Search engines place a premium on one-way links rather than reciprocal links, and directories are a great way to obtain those valuable one-way links. Search engines also place great value on links from sites that are well-established and are relevant to your market niche. Since directories allow you to place your listing in the categories that most closely fit with your product or service, you can rest assured that search engines will consider these links relevant. And you have the option of choosing older, more well-established directories that will show search engines that your links come from authoritative websites.
2. Search engine listings. Once you submit your site to a directory and your site is listed, it will only be a matter of days before the major search engines begin listing your URL as well. Robots are constantly searching for new websites and will find your website fast if it is listed in a directory.
3. Keyword relevance. Having your site listed in a web directory can help build keyword relevance, which in turn results in more traffic to your website.
4. Brand awareness. Directory submission is essential for increasing brand awareness.
5. Affordability. Directory submission is one of the most affordable SEO strategies you can find. Many directories will list your site for free, and even those sites that charge to list your site don't charge a prohibitive amount. Directory submission is easily one of the most economically reasonable ways to address link popularity, brand awareness, and keyword targeting for your website.
One of the drawbacks to directory submission is that is a tedious process. SEO experts and internet marketing professionals have discovered that manual submission to directories is the most efficacious way to complete the directory submission task since each directory has its own rules and regulations for submission. Using submission software runs a great risk of rejection since such software is unable to customize your listing for each directory and can't choose appropriate categories and subcategories as accurately as a human can. But manual submission can take a lot of time and effort.
If you're truly committed to using directory submission as an integral part of your overall internet marketing strategy, you may consider utilizing the service of an internet marketing expert. Not only can an internet marketing expert help you determine how best to use directory submissions within your strategy, but he can also tell you which directories to pursue and which to avoid. He will know which niche directories most closely match your product or service, and he can even take care of the directory submission task on your behalf.
Whether you choose to take on the task of directory submissions yourself or hire a professional to do it for you, be sure to take advantage of the benefits of directory submissions. You'll be glad you did when you see the increased traffic to your site and when you watch your visitors turn into loyal customers!