Under the cover of darkness, FLIR – the world’s leading manufacturer of thermal imaging cameras – has unveiled a small, handheld camera that allows us to at last 'see' in the dark.
Massive news for outdoor enthusiasts, FLIR Scout PS-Series can spot a man-size object at 320m in total darkness – no lights, no moonlight, no night vision goggles. Even longer distances - up to 450m - are obtainable with other models in the FLIR Scout range. Imagine being able to spot Australia’s many nocturnal animals which have remained ‘invisible’ to most of us until now. Or being able to locate lost or injured stock or missing people while moving through the bush at night.
FLIR Scout will change forever the way we view the great outdoors by extending our enjoyment from dusk to dawn. The Scout PS-Series fits easily into the palm of your hand. It’s simple operation makes it an ideal choice for sportsmen, hikers, farmers, park rangers, or naturalists.
Use Scout to:
- Traverse rough terrain even when it's pitch black outside
- Spot nocturnal animals, lost livestock, or downed game
- Locate missing people in adverse conditions
- See through light fog, smoke or dust
- Check out things that go bump in the night and keep your property safe
- Save money by locating missing insulation, leaky windows or draughts around the house
Like all FLIR thermal cameras, the Scout creates crisp, clear images from heat, not light. With the revolutionary FLIR Scout, at last man is on the same footing as many of the animals when it comes to night vision.
Weighing just 340g, the FLIR Scout is compact, robust and simple to use. It’s lightweight and tactile design sits easily in the palm of the hand and invites the operator to easily scan vast distances of terrain and to travel safely at night.
FLIR Scout is expected to join the SatPhone, EPERB and GPS as the ‘must-have’ safety devices carried by groups involved in outdoor pursuits such as hunters, outdoor educationalists, tour operators, park rangers, bushwalkers, bird watchers, police, emergency service workers, military, mining, security operators and farmers.
With just three intuitive buttons to control polarity, zoom and LCD brightness, Scout is rugged, weathertight, very user-friendly and is priced from under $2500. Use FLIR Scout anytime – night or day - to get a clearer thermal picture of what is going on beneath the undergrowth or to detect camouflaged objects. If you love the great outdoors, why limit your experience to only daylight? The power of the Scout PS-Series gives you the freedom to explore nature in vivid thermal detail – 24/7.
Scout PS-Series Features:
- Small and lightweight – Just 340g and 17.2cm long
- Powerful imagery – Choice of two resolutions (240X180 & 320X240) with optional 2 X e-zoom and freeze frame
- Three selectable display palettes – White Hot, Black Hot and the powerful Instalert detection palette provides excellent image detail in a variety of environments
- Easy to use – Intuitive 3-button operation, embedded LED task light, rechargeable Li-Ion internal battery, standard tri-pod mount