As Australia’s largest distributor and warranty repairer of Datamax label printers, insignia is now able to offer clients this high performance, industrial strength label printer series.
With a compact modular design that takes thermal and RFID label printers to a new level, the M-Class Mark II label printer has a broad range of value-packed features and is up to 24% faster than any other competing label printer.
The M-Class Mark II is a compact industrial strength printer series that offers the power and performance required in industrial environments, the reliability demanded in commercial applications and a small footprint when space is a consideration. It combines powerful standard features with a variety of flexible options to meet the broadest possible range of applications.
The solid die-cast metal construction, large graphical display and modular design set the M-Class printer family a step above its competitors. The printer’s solid cast metal chassis and durable steel cabinet offer rugged and reliable performance. The easy-to-use graphical display makes navigation through the menus quick and simple for any level user. The modular design offers the flexibility to quickly replace parts in the field or install options to meet changing business requirements.
The M-Class offers the best features and performance in its class.
M-Class Mark II Features
• Direct thermal printing of bar codes, text, and graphics on demand and batch printing
• Thin film printhead with IntelliSEAQ™ (Sequential Energy Adjustment for Quality)
• Die-cast aluminum frame
• Datamax Programming Language (DPL)
• 32bit multi-tasking DragonBall® Processor, (M-4206 100Mhz; M-4210&M-4308 150Mhz)
• 8/16 MB (M-4206/M-4210&M-4308) RAM memory
• 4/8 MB (M-4206/M-4210&M-4308)Flash downloadable program memory
• Serial RS-232 port, Parallel, USB
• IEEE 1284 compliant bi-directional parallel port
• Gap, notch and reflective top of form media sensing
• 5 button 128 x 64 LCD Graphical back-lit LCD display
• Configuration settings via front LCD panel menu
• No dipswitches
• Configuration label makes set-up easy to understand
• Simple ribbon and media loading
• Clear window in media cover -- easy to view supplies
• Media tear bar
• Fan-fold media handling from bottom or rear of printer
• AGFA font engine with CG Triumvirate™ scalable font
• Datamax printer driver for Windows 98 and above desktop operating systems
• Nine Bit-Mapped Fonts, rotatable 0, 90 180, 270 degrees
• CG-Triumvirate™ scalable Font
• CG Triumvirate™ condensed bold scalable font
M-Class Mark II Options
A printing method that uses ribbon to produce exceptional image clarity, as compared to most direct thermal media types. This option must be specified for use with either ‘coated side in’ ribbon or ‘coated side out’ ribbon.
A rotary-type mechanism to automatically cut material with a maximum thickness of .010” (.254 mm) into minimum lengths of 1.25 inches (31.8 mm). Designed for ease of operation, the Media Cutter is automatically detected, configured, and enabled when installed on the printer.
Peel and Present Mechanism (requires the Internal Rewind option)
An output control device that automatically separates printed labels from the backing material and allows subsequent printing to occur only after the removal of a previously printed label. Minimum label length is 1.5 inches (38 mm). Designed for ease of operation, the Peel and Present Mechanism is automatically detected, configured, and enabled when installed on the printer.
An internal mechanism to wind four-inch outer diameter rolls of printed labels, or the label backing material when using the Peel and Present option.
An output control device that allows subsequent printing to occur only after the removal of a previously printed label. Designed for ease of operation, the Present Sensor is automatically detected, configured, and enabled when installed on the printer.
FLASH Memory Expansion (requires new main PCB)
An optional main PCB assembly is available with 4MB (M-4206), 8MB (M-4306), and 64M (M-4210) Flash memory expansion for International Language Printing Capability (ILPC) and/or additional fonts and graphics.
External Ethernet Connectivity (uses printer’s parallel port)
The DMX100 External Print Server is an external Network Interface Controller (NIC) that enables the printer to provide Ethernet connectivity.
Communication Cards (Mark II Printers only)
The M-Class Mark II printers are available with several Communication Card options. These cards can be equipped in the following configurations:
- Wired and Wireless Ethernet and USB Host*
- Wired and Wireless Ethernet
- Wired Ethernet
- Wired Ethernet and USB Host*
- USB Host*
* not available on M-4206
RFID -UHF & HF (M-4210&M-4308 only)
The RFID option demonstrates the flexibility and protection against obsolescence provided by the modular design of Datamax M-Class printers. Built from the ground up, the RFID antenna is located inside the paper path to give a more precise read. Available both as factory installed or a field installable option.