For the defined shredding of voluminous and massive materials required for further operating or processing procedures, ERDWICH has developed the three-shaft technology. It is based on the proven rotor shearing cutting principle of the two-shaft technology.
Due to the different speeds of the three cutting rotors and to variable knife equipments, the materials are continuously pulled in and shredded – no jamming, no blocking.
Materials which are too voluminous are cycled by the overhead transfer shaft to the knife shafts below for further shredding. This circuit is repeated until the defined size of piece is reached.
The size of piece is determined by perforated sieves mounted under the machine through which the materials drop and are discharged after shredding. Three shafts – an optimal result: Exactly defined sizes of piece.
State-of-the-art technology for defined size reduction:
- Individually inserted removable knife disks made of special knife steel
- Fully hardened knives for long service lives and repeated regrinding
- Smallest cutting gap between the knives for power-saving cut without jamming effect
- Large-scale, precision milled hexagon knife shafts made of high-quality special steel
- Compact, torsion resistant cutting gear housings
- Rounded side panels which are adapted to the knife radius for reducing the strain on the shaft
- Overhead transfer shaft for optimal self-cleaning effect
- Separated drives for cutting rotors and transfer shaft
- Sieve segments with individual hole geometries, adapted to the specific materials, mounted in a central, tilting sieve basket
To Know More about Three-shaft Shredder Please click here