Painted tanks, pipes etc. can now be tested without the need to remove paint or make corrections for the paint thickness.
Features of the UM-1D Thru-Paint and Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge:
- There are two operating modes of UM-1D ultrasonic thickness gauge: standard mode and coating mode. The operating principle of coating mode is E-E (echo-echo).
- When there is coating or oil paint on the surface of the object, the net thickness of the material can be directly measured neither having to remove the coating nor calibration.
- The operating principle of standard mode is P-E. With the covered coating, the measurement will not be very accurate, so the coating should be removed before measuring in standard mode.
- The advantage of this mode is that the measuring range is relatively wide: 0.031in-19.685in (with standard probe).
- The UM-1D is supplied with thickness gauge, standard probe, carrying case, two 1.5V AA Alkaline batteries, couplant, operating manual and certificate.