When Antislip Solution is applied to a ceramic tiled surface the following chemical reaction occurs:
- The surface of the tile is micro etched,which provides an Antislip, slip resistant effect to the surface when wet.
- Simply put, we create a tread pattern within the surface.
- Once treated with ANTISLIP solution,the surface has been altered permanently (depending on the integrity/quality of the tile) to provide a slip-resistant finish that becomes part of the surface.
- With this treatment a slight loss of glaze or colour may occur in some tiles - a sample treatment is always offered to gauge this variation. We suggest you inspect the treated tile when wet and dry to ensure you are happy with the finished product.
- After treating the tiles, we seal them with our revolutionary Antislip Impregnation Water Based Sealer, which helps protect the tile from contaminants and makes cleaning easier, the sealer does not alter the slip resistance that we have created with Antislip Solution.
Cleaning a Treated Surface
It is important that a surface treated with Antislip is not allowed to become dirtier than normal or contaminated with food, oils and fats as these will negate the system. Spills can be cleaned up immediately as there is no need to fear water on an Antislip treated floor.
To ensure long life of the treatment, it is important that a non-residual cleaning product be utilised (we use and recommend Antislip-Clean.) A guide to cleaning and maintenance is available on request.