Our Positek "A" Series Tilt, Rotary and Linear transducers are ANZEx approved for use in potentially explosive gas/vapour, dust atmospheres and mining environments.
Intrinsically Safe systems provide a safe operating environment for personnel and equipment. Intrinsic Safety (IS) is based on the principle of restricting the electrical energy transmitted into a hazardous area, thereby ensuring that any sparks or heated surfaces that may occur as a result of electrical failures are insufficient to cause ignition. The threat of an explosion is eliminated.
Positek Intrinsically Safe sensors can be used in hazardous environments when connected to a the approve safety barriers. Positek offers Intrinsically Safe sensors for the following three hazard classifications:
- 'X' Series Sensors - Position Sensors for use in potentially explosive gas/vapour atmospheres.
- 'E' Series Sensors - Position Sensors for use in potentially explosive gas/vapour and dust atmospheres.
- 'M' Series Sensors - Position Sensors for use in potentially explosive gas/vapour, dust and mining environments
Positek sensors are now available in the EX02 versions which are ATEX Qualified to Intrinsic Safety Specification:
- Ex II 1G, EEx ia IIC T4 (Ta = -40°C to +80°C)
- Ex II 1GD, EEx ia IIC T4, Ex iaD 20 T135°C (Ta = -40°C to +80°C)
- Ex I/II M1/1GD, EEx ia I/IIC T4, Ex iaD 20 T135°C (Ta = -40°C to +80°C)
- Certificate number Sira 00ATEX2076X and ATEX SIRA M064
- The ambient temperature rating for T4 is extended to +80°C.
The sensors are certified for use with a galvanically isolated three port barrier designed to supply the sensor with a nominal 5V and to transmit the buffered
output to a safe area.
Intrinsically safe sensors are supplied with Pepperl + Fuchs Barriers with the following output options:
- KFD2-PT2- ( Sensor calibrated to give 0.5 to 9.5 volts output from the Barrier BX002)
- KFD2-PT2- ( Sensor calibrated to give 4 to 20mA output from the Barrier BX003)