The DA-683 excels in power automation and power substation applications thanks to IEC 61850-3, IEEE 1613, and IEEE 1588 version 2 support.
The DA-683 features an Intel Dual Core Atom CPU running at 1.66 GHz, in a fanless design that improves reliability. In typical conditions, the system consumes only 40 watts of power under full load (with two modules inserted) to provide cost-effective and energy-efficient computing muscle.
Precision time protocol with IEEE 1588 version 2 function
The IEEE 1588 v.2 precision time protocol gives automation systems highly precise time accuracy for event logging.
Reliable and stable operations with IEC 61850-3 certification
The DA-683 DPP-T is IEC 61850-3 certified to guarantee system stability and reliability when used in power applications.
Modular design for system integration and flexibility
The DA-683 includes two independent module slots to give users greater flexibility in system integration and expansion. The computer can be customized by adding communication modules, such as an 8-port RS-232/422/485 module, 8-port RS-422/485 module, 4-port 10/100 Mbps LAN module, 8-port 10/100 Mbps switch module, or a universal PCI expansion module.
- Intel Dual Core Atom D510 1.66 GHz processor with 1 MB L2 cache
- IEC 61850-3 and IEEE 1613 certified
- IEEE1588 verion 2 function (2 Gigabit LAN)
- 1 x 200-pin DDR2 SODIMM socket, supports DDR2 667 up to 2 GB max.
- 6 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet for network redundancy
- 1 CompactFlash socket, 2 serial ATA-300 connectors for storage expansion
- 4 USB 2.0 ports for high speed peripherals
- 4 DIs + 4 DOs (0 to 30 VDC)
- Ready-to-Run Windows Embedded Standard or Linux platform
- 19-inch rack mount model, 2U high
- Fanless design
- Redundant power input
- 100/240 VAC/VDC power input
The IEC 61850-3 and IEEE 1613 standards define the strictest requirements for EMI immunity and error free communication for substation network equipment. The DA-683 also supports the latest version of IEEE 1588 v2 technology to fulfil precise time synchronization requirements for protection and control applications.
All of Moxa's embedded computers come with the operating system pre-installed. In addition, BIOS, middleware, sample code, and development tools are provided to give programmers a user-friendly environment for application development and minimize system integration workload.