ICP DAS officially unveiled the most compact (half-palm size), lowest power consumption (PoE featured) and Cost-effective Serial-to-Ethernet device servers : tDS-700 series to the markets. The tDS-700 family is designed to add Ethernet and Internet connectivity to any RS-232 device, and to eliminate the cable length limitation of legacy serial communication. It can be easily used or remote controlling of your serial devices through Ethernet network.
By using the VxComm Driver/Utility (Utility offer by ICP DAS), the built-in COM port of the tDS-700 family can be virtualized to a standard PC COM port in Windows. Since most series devices don't have network ports, the tDS-700 family turns those devices painlessly to become connected to the network. Through it, users can transparently access or monitor serial devices over the Internet/Ethernet without software modification. Moreover, base on ICP DAS’s strong R&D and efficient cost control system, our tDS-700 series provide the most competitiveness prices in the markets for our customers.
It can be widely used in any field of application such as : Remote Diagnosis and Management, Factory, Building and Home Automation.
The feature of tDS-700 series are:
- Incorporates any RS-232/422/485 serial device in Ethernet
- Includes a VxComm Driver for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows XP/2003/2008/Vista/7
- Supports pair-connection (serial-bridge, serial-tunnel) applications
- Contains a 32-bit MCU that efficiently handles network traffic
- 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet, RJ-45 x 1 (Auto-negotiating, auto MDI/MDIX, LED Indicators)
- Includes redundant power inputs: PoE (IEEE 802.3af, Class 1) and DC jack
- Allows automatic RS-485 direction control
- Supports TCP, UDP, HTTP, DHCP, BOOTP and TFTP protocols
- Supports UDP responder for device discovery
- Allows easy firmware update via the Ethernet
- Contains a tiny Web server for configuration
- Male DB-9 or terminal block connector for easy wiring
- Tiny form-factor and low power consumption
- RoHS compliant with no Halogen
- Made from fire retardant materials (UL94-V0 Level)
- Cost-effective Device Servers
For more product information:http://www.icpdas.com/products/Industrial/pds/PDS_Series_Main_Page.htm